Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRR Calculation in Business Objects FC or Thin Client Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kprit

Technical User
Sep 29, 2003
US
Hi All, I have a cross tab report. At the end of the row I need to show the IRR of that row. How can I do this in Business Objects full client of Webi?

First you need to tell us what IRR is.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Now I know what it is. I don't know how to get BO to calculate it. I'm sure it's possible, but it would require too much thinking for a Friday.

Ties - You deserve a star.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

I'm not exactly a financial star,but from what I have just read you should be able to estimate the IIR through an iterative process.

Look here:

I used to be pretty good with this stuff (studied mathematics for a while) , but I have the gut feeling that this is a little bit outside BO's scope.

If you need an iterative process than usually a solvable equation is not at hand. So, I am thinking more along the line of a (stored) procedure that one should build (defining number of steps)

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back