Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teabone

Technical User
Jun 6, 2002
CA
After 60-72 hours of uptime, my server hold go to memory dump screen with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUIL, corresponding to file NTOSKRNL.EXE. Need more memory, or what am I not configureing properly.

TB - there should be a corresponding error number with this (0X00000C5 - or something similiar) get it written down and check MS Knowledge base. May have something to do with hardware compat list or Hardware Abstarction Layer(HAL). Try using a different stick of memory and see what happens.
Regards,
Lightspeed1

I have seen that error message come from bad RAM.

If you recently added RAM to the server, try removing it. If you did not, the RAM may be bad.

Other things to check are the memory settings in BIOS. Is the FSB and RAM set correctly? You probably have an SPD setting in BIOS for RAM, I suggest using it.

Are you trying to overclack the machine or otherwise running the hardware out of spec? Make sure the hardware settings are set to the appropriate specs.

If everything is as it should be, then try new RAM as has been suggested.

One other thing you want to check is the IRQ resource to ensure that they are not conflicting with one another. I had a similar problem at a site where a customer Nic was conflicting with the USB keyboard. I removed all non-essential peripherals and then started reinstalling them one at a time until the affecting unit showed.

Give it a try, Good luck

wgabriel

I have a problem that sounds like the same thing, this is what I get. Could this be related to bad ram as suggested.

STOP: 0x0000004 ( 0xE2893178, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8049E8E0 )
IRQ_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS

*** Address 8049E8E0 Base @ 80400000, Data Stamp 3AD7AD60 - NTOSKRNL.EXE

I have removed a Viper V550 PCI, and used the on board graphics chip ATI Rage 3D Pro 4meg. So far the system has been up for 25 hours no conflicts. I will attempt to adjust the memory settings first if this should problem reoccours again, If that doesn't work, I will try re-installing the non-essential peripherals. Thanks for your continued support people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back