Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL ZERO

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDaveM

Vendor
Feb 12, 2002
US
I keep getting these errors along with memory dumps. These also occur at night when there is nothing going on.
Running the following:
CPU 800 P3
128 Ram
IDE Raid 0 with 2 49 GB drives
Server in a peer to peer
Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks

hey! i got this the other night aswell!! being new to win2k (and familiar with win98's BSOD's) it kinda freaked me out. I was actually trying to get SpyNet (a packet sniffer) to work at the time... i tried to get it to use some adapter that it couldn't..... and so it started a memory dump, with this not less or equal zero thing. any info about this would be kool ;)

Phr3-|-

for some of my muzic...

Often one of the last entries on the blue screen is a reference to the driver that caused the problem xxxx.sys. Find out what that driver does and then see if a newer version is available. Kevin Mattson
MCP

I have just the addresses and it also says ntoskrnl.exe

I too would be curious to know what the problem is. I have had it on a Win2K machine, and a WinXP machine upgraded from Win2K.

Bill.

It's a lot harder to identify when it ntoskrnl.exe. Here are some gerneral notes regarding that stop error from the Microsoft Knowledge base. There are four parameter codes associated with the stop code. Try entering each parameter string individually into the search engine for the Microsoft Knowlege base.

Cut and past the url below into the address bar to get the whole thing.

Kevin Mattson
MCP

What I did
Remove all printer drivers, esp. HP Color Deskjet
Reloaded Win2K Pro, over writing existing install
Thing has been working for 5 days now.
Thanks to all that had advice.
Dave

Okay all, have this erroe again. But this time some more info.
the last entry is tcpip.sys, does this mean there is something wrong with the net card or it drivers?
the complete line is: Add. bBFD983A0 base at BFD960000, DATE STAMP 3aC4DDB5-tcpip.sys.
help,
Thanks,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back