Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQ issues on Netfinity 7000 M10

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiller9

Technical User
Feb 8, 2006
CA
Hi Folks!

My neighbor got a NetFinity 7000 M10 for a home computer a while back and I got the priveledge of setting it up :)

We could never get a sound card to work due to IRQ conflicts. We worked around that with a USB-based sound card and now have great sound!

As part of our continued upgrades we installed some 15K 160 SCSI drives and replaced the ServeRaid adapter with a LSI MegaRAID Elite 1600. We tossed the backplane and figured we had the SCSI bottleneck beat.

The problem is that the new SCSI card won't work in the system due to an IRQ conflict. The SCSI card seems to want to use IRQ 5 & 11 in my own system. In the Netfinity 5 shows up as free and 11 is in use by the system card (the one with the I/O ports etc - not the management controller).

As it turns out, the NetFinity 7000 M10 has an on-board Adaptect SCSI chip on that board and it's using IRQ 11 too. I figure that's where the conflict is coming from but I can't disable that on-board SCSI.

Does anyone know of a way to work around the issue?
The errors we are seeing are these;

180203 PCI Error
180303 PCI Error

10771216 Device Resource Allocation Error
101E1960 Device Resource Allocation Error

Those last two are for the new RAID card. They coorelate to IRQ 5 & 11

The other error message we see is;

8086B154 which is the PCI to PCI Bridge.

Any Ideas? I'd love to replace the sluggish 3HB RAID card with something that does +75 MB/S in my system :)

Best & Thanks;
Marvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back