Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQ I/O Problems RedHat 7.0-SoundCard 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevil2001

Technical User
Mar 9, 2001
NL
Red Hat picked up my card and said it was installed, but I had no sample sound, so I tried to reconfigure my soundcard (CMI8830) through sndconfig, and I got these errors:

/etc/isapnp.conf:325 --Fatal IO range check attempted while device activated

/etc/isapnp.conf:325 --Fatal error occurred executing request <IORESCHECK> ---Further action aborted.

Any ideas how can I reconfigure this mess X-)?

Thanks in advance.

Try typing &quot;pnpdump > pnpdump.out&quot; and review the pnpdump.out file looking for any devices using the same IRQ etc. as your sound card. Then run sndconfig again and do a customize to change your sound card's IRQ or any other duplicated pieces so that they are unique then run the sound check again. You might also consider recompiling your Kernel to verify you only have your sound card compiled and not a bunch of extraneous stuff which is just taking up kernel space.

d3funct
borg@pcgeek.net
The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Hello!

First of all thanks for your tips.
I've spent some time on it, and now I know how to check out IRQ's and I/O's.
There's still one thing I don't get. If Linux picks up my card, there's no errors whatsoever, why there's no sound coming out of the speakers (connections and speakers checked, they work OK)?
I guess I don't need the drivers from the website if Linux have already recognized the card, or do I need them?
Sorry I'm a bit confused.

Thanks in advance,

R.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back