Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQ Error.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerCop911

Programmer
Jul 30, 2003
CA
Sometimes I get a blue screen with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.....

the technical error data is....

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x2BA0F9C0,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x804Fa344)

I am running Windows XP Pro (I think I have SP1, not sure) on a IBM ThinkPad A20m laptop... model 2628-4SU.......

PIII 700MHz
192MB RAM
20GB HDD
XP PRO
DVD-ROM Drive

ComputerCop911
ASP/HTML Programmer, Knowledgeable Computer Network/Hardware/Software Geek ;-)

oh, I just shut down my laptop after that error, and noticed the memory DIMMS were hot.....is this error coming because of an overheating problem??

Also, sometimes the LCD is blank on power-up, and no POST occurs.....I have to power on with the Adaptor and battery in, then after a lucky time that it starts, I have to take the battery out to prevent XP Pro from freezing.....any ideas on this issue?

ComputerCop911
ASP/HTML Programmer, Knowledgeable Computer Network/Hardware/Software Geek ;-)

sounds like a heat problem, check that you dont block any air outlets. do you hear the fan running? run a memtest.
found this:

"Driver issue
Drivers which have errors of their own can also cause the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. Consider updating or reinstalling your drivers (more specifically your network and/or SCSI drivers).

Hardware issue

In the event that the above information does not help to resolve your issue it is possible that the computer may be encountering a hardware issue. Attempt to exchange or replace hardware in the computer. Our recommendation would be:

RAM / CPU / NIC"

316676 - "STOP 0x0000000A" Error Message When You Change from AC Power to DC Power

A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware.

A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back