Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQ Conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lodown

Programmer
Apr 30, 2002
AU
hi

i was just checking my settings and i have an IRQ conflict
i have 3 devices using IRQ#11
- Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
- VIA USB Universal Host Controller
- VIA USB Universal Host Controller

is this normal? what should i do to fix it.

my setup
------------------------
MSI Kt7 Turbo Limited Edition Board (Kt133A)
Duron 1000
512mb SDRam
MSI GeForce 2 MX400 Video Card
Soundblaster Vibra 128 Sound Card
40gb IBM Hard Drive (3 Partitions)
Other Items Connected to PC - (USB Scanner, USB Digital Camera, Printer, Speakers, Connected to 8 Port Switch)

thanks

Matthew

Does the device manager display this as a conflict, because it is quite normal for items to share IRQ lines (there's only 16 of them, and it's quite normal these days for some to get re-used).
I have 3 devices quite happily sharing my IRQ11 line, so unless device manager is telling you there is a conflict (with a little yellow ! icon-I think), it should not be a problem.
<< JOC >>

hi thanks for that

no there is no message, i was checking it just to make sure nothing was wrong and they were listed.

thanks for your help

Hi guys!

I also have that hardware resource conflict. May be you can provide help.

My PCI devices (Accton Ethernet Card, Conexant Modem and SoundBlaster Live Sound Card including Nvidia TnT 64mb and USB controller) are all under IRQ11. It all happened when I made a clean install from WinMe to Win2000. I have used all the latest device drivers. I even first install the latest intel inf utility before proceeding with the rest of my PCI devices.

The computer I am using is an IBM Netvista 6832-KJQ with a 1.5GHz 850 Processor, 128MB RDRAM, 20GB HD, etc. that has resource hardware conflicts.

If compared to the computer I am using at the office, IBM Netvista 6792-11A with a 1.6GHz Processor, 128MB RAM, 30GB HD, etc, and comes with a pre-installed Win2000 and has NO hardware resource conflict.

The only difference I have noticed was the 6792 is under ACPI Uniprocessor PC while the 6832 is under ACPI HAL.

My problem is: What IRQ will I designate after I configured 6832 to a standard PC?

Accton Ehternet = IRQ??
Conexant Modem = IRQ??
SBLive = IRQ??
Video Card = IRQ??

Hope you guys can help me here. In anyway, thank you for taking time reading my case.

pcalday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back