Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQ 15 problem Netfinity 5600

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABS3

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2005
US
I have an Netfininty 5600 server that I installed a second
Processor in. I set up the RAID cfg to use 0 and 2 as drive C:, and 3 and 4 as D:, 8 as "hot swap". I did the usual install for Win Svr 2003 and got up and running. Ran the updates, BIOS, IBM drivers, Windows, and such. Everything is good, EXCEPT...I see a hardware problem in device manager that I can not find an answer for. The secondary IDE channel has an IRQ conflict and there is not anything in Device Manager indicating that another device is stepping on the same IRQ (IRQ15). Has anyone dealt with this, because we all know what I found on the IBM website....nothing but "paid support".[hourglass]

Define the "usual" install for WS03. Did you install all the correct IBM-specific drivers from IBM's site? It's most likely a driver you didn't install, or some weird configuration in CMOS. What have you changed from default? You can call (800)IBM SERV for hardware support, but if it's a configuration problem, you might have to pay. Use IBM's ServerGuide and you won't have to go down this path. It will install the correct drivers for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back