Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRLM MANUAL LOCK REQUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MabelB

Technical User
Sep 2, 2006
AR
Hello,
I am working with DB2 UDB in OS/390 2.10 without data sharing.
I found the message 'IRLM MANUAL LOCK REQUEST' RC=08 and SC=20 in the MSTR address space. And we had a lot of transaction ended abnormaly.
I found the message in the manual but I can't find what is the cause of the problem.
Does somebody know what can be happening ??

Thanks in advance,
Mabel

They indicate that request was rejected for a deadlock during a lock request.

Mabel,

You need to look around for some more info. Have you tried the db2MSTR job messages. These should give you a bit more of a pointer.

Of interest, where are you running db2? CICS, IMS, Windows, etc.?

Marc

Marc,
the following one is the message that appears in MSTR
DSNP014I -DSN DSNPXTN1 - IRLM MANUAL LOCK REQUEST
FAILED FOR DBPQG1DR.DSNDBC.ALBQGPQG.ALPQGCLB.I0001.A001.
RC=8, SC=20000000,
CONNECTION-ID=ASAFCICS, CORRELATION-ID=ENTRTZ7Y0121,
LUW-ID=*

This appears when a CICS transaction tries to accede to a table.

From DB2 Messages and Codes Manual, RC=8 and SC=20 is a request that was rejected because of a deadlock or timeout.

But sometimes we have problems of deadlock or timeout, but never before it had appeared the error "IRLM MANUAL LOCK REQUEST FAILED".

Perhaps this message indicates some special situation that it generates deadlock or timeout, but I cannot find the reason for this situation.

Thanks for your answer,
Mabel

Mabel,
Is this table by any chance a table that hasn't been used in a long time, and has been archived away by HSM? Try looking up the table in QMF or something else to see if you get a -911. Alternatively if you can work out the physical dataset name of the table space, look under 3.4 of TSO to see if it is archived.

This is only a hunch, but I seem to remember coming across a similar problem like this a few years ago.

Hope this helps, if not get back to us.

Marc

Marc, this table is used every day.
We found apar PQ87740, that it seems to solve the problem. Thanks for your answer.
Mabel

Mabel,
Thanks for getting back to us with the solution. Always useful if anybody else gets the same problem sometime in the future.
Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back