Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPx Office Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauriceMoss

Technical User
Apr 9, 2008
GB
Hi,

I need to intergrate a new IPx Office system into a customers existing FlexiCom200 expansion cabinet.
I can't see that the SCSI to D type cable needed to do this features in the price list.
Is that because you are expected to make them up yourself?
If so, anyone know the pinouts?

Cheers

Just found in the IPx Office Install documentation:

"For connection to the FlexiCom 200 CSLX cabinet, an ESIM Office card is
supplied with a cable including a female, 50-pin, SCSI pin-type connector on
one end and a female, 25-pin, D-type connector on the other end. This cable is
not used when IPx Office expansion units are installed."

None of the ESIM cards I've ordered have ever come with this, they only ever come with the SCSI-SCSI type cable for the IPx office expansion cab.
There only seems to be one part code for the ESIM (77449212100), not different ones depending on what the expansion cabinet is.

Hello Maurice,

We do use the ipx office a lot with an ipx800 exspansion. and the esim always comes with the correct cable. And that would be the same as for the flexicom 200
i will look up the number for you when i'm in the office

regards,

I am looking at the cable that connects the IPX office cabinet to an 800.
It looks like this is the same cable.
I think I read you can only expand to a 200 expansion cabinet.
Have never done this myself.

Hey "Maurice", how's tricks in sunny Caerdydd?

The 200 CSLX can be connected to an Office. The ESIM should come with the cable. Every part from Tadiran has a part number, although not all are in the price list eg expansion cable for 200 to CSLX, so if you lost it or break it you can get another one but at a cost. They're just not listed in the price list because you don't usually need to get replacements.

If you got the ESIM from certain dodgy ppl then I wouldn't put it past them having nicked it out of the box before passing it on to you. Those same ppl would sell their mother to make a buck! Speak to Tadiran directly to be sure.

I'm sure I've been to the customer you're talking about. Not a certain lawyer is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back