Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPv6 on CCNA..how much depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryHouse

Vendor
Oct 7, 2005
US
I am wondering if maybe the instructors, or those who have taken ICND2's recent test can answer this...how much depth is recommended to study on IPV6 for ICND2?

I have taken the first test last year, and will be taking ICND2 very soon, and feel comfortable with most of the other material, but still sketchy on IPv6 because, honestly who is using this in real life yet (truly)?

The sources of study, including the various textbooks, online resources I have, etc are not consistent with how much is indicated to be responsible for. I'd like to know your opinions especially as it regards IPv6 configs.

Thanks! HH

Real trouble call:
Customer: "I have a huge problem. A friend has put a screensaver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears!"

Looking at the syllabus for ICND2 looks like it's not that in depth that you need to know about:
• Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 (including: protocols, dual stack, tunneling, etc)
• Describe IPv6 addresses

So far, in all the exams I've passed, there hasn't been need to know much more than what is described above.

Taking the combined exam about 8 months ago, I didn't have a single IPv6 question. All I was told I needed to know was that it exists, the address makeup and know that most used routing protocols have an IPv6 version.

Oh and it does come up irl even now (I've had 1 related issue - Windows 7 related) and even more so in coming years. Especially now windows 7 is mainstream.

Thanks guys.
Appreciated.

Real trouble call:
Customer: "I have a huge problem. A friend has put a screensaver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back