Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ipsi out of service

Status
Not open for further replies.

csrgzz

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
US
I'm having problems to add a remote port network ipsi its showing as out of service service health 0.1.1.0
this is what I have
s8720
CM 4.0

control a its under 10.10.2.0/24
control b its under 10.10.3.0/24
corporate its 172.16.235.0/24
remote port network on 10.10.5.0/24
CNC its on
nothing blocked on firewall this is a voice lan and we allow everything, delay between networks its between 120ms and 150ms

the weird thing its that I was able to upgrade the firmware version from the maintenance web and its showing the serial # of the ipsi that Im using for the remote PN but its not establishing the connection

checked netstat and its showing that its establishing the connection through server1 its not showing like the other ones that establish the connection using cna or cnb

The only thing left its to add static routes but I do not want to reboot the server yet

I already replace ipsi boards, doublecheck bus terminators, etc, everything its connected fine but still not working

Network its 100mb full duplex, etc

Is there anything else left to try before adding static routes?

Thanks

try logging into the ipsi and doing a 'show qos' command. if 'vlan tagging' is turned on try turning it off

tried that, off and on, still not working

If you do not have a static route then the S8700 wont be able to communicate with the IPSI and it will remain out of service. That's assuming your network blocks intra subnet traffic.

...The only thing left its to add static routes but I do not want to reboot the server yet"

You don't have to reboot the server to add static routes. When you run "Configure Server", use "Configure Individual Services" and only modify that screen. It won't cause a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back