Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPSI - Encryption Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomTony

Technical User
Oct 17, 2014
US
Hello,

Couple of questions!

I am adding a new IPSI board to my system and trying to keep all of the options the same. I have noticed that some of my IPSI boards have the option for encryption turned to Yes and some turned to No.

Which way should they be set?
If I leave them the way that they are, will it cause problems?

I have 12 different locations with 1 to 8 IPSI's per location.

Thanks

Is this a main core site with various ESS/LSP's connected?

The main core is in a data center and I have the backup ESS in another data center. I do have 4 other locations that have there own ESS if they lose network connection to the main systems. There are also 4 G450 with LSP's as well.

Is there any pattern to the IPSI's that are encrypted vs the ones that aren't? ESS's in particular can be setup numerous ways.

No, there is no pattern.

Main data center as all of the encryption turned on.
Secondary datacenter has 1 IPSI turned on and the other 8 turned off.

The other locations are a mixture of "on" and "off".

That is one of my concerns on which way it should be.

Thanks!

I have several port networks and encryption is turned on for all of them. Sounds like whoever set your environment up wasn't consistent or were different partners.

ok, thanks. I know we have had a couple of different partners that have been completing work on our system. I will reach out to our current partner and verify which way they would prefer it be setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back