Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPSec VPN authentification fails with SDI on 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpreiss

Technical User
Jul 8, 2010
DE
Sorry for this im a newby to cisco ASA

I have the following Problem:
On windows 7 64-bit with VPN Client 5.0.07.290 (vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe), which support 64 bit Windows each time I try to authenticicate with my RSA Passcode the authentification fails.
For testing I change the authentification to LOCAL and than it works fine.

On the same Laptop I have also Windows XP mode (32 bit)running with the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.05.290 and there is works both LOCAL and SDI authentification.

Does anyone have IPSec SDI authentification with 64 bit Windows working?

OK solved the problem with a workaround.

used the radius protocol activated on the RSA servers and the ASA doing radius authentification against them instead of directly doing SDI and now it works. with 32bit and 64bit windows.

In the debugging I found out that the username/Passcode entered in the Cisco VPN Client will never hit the RSA server as long as SDI was activated. No accept or deny in the RSA Realtime Authentificaton Protocol Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back