Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktmrandy

Technical User
Dec 23, 2003
US
I have a problem with IPP printing. I have tried printing on one xp pro machine and one xp home machine but I cannot print to a printer behind a firewall using port forwarding across the internet. The printer is a xerox phaser 860DP. The Xerox guys can print to it using an xp pro and a win 2000 machine. I have compared all my computer settings to the computer the xerox guys are using. They match as far as we can tell. The xerox guys have no further help for me. The installation proceedure shows I can connect to the printer and install the drivers. It even shows the pages the Xerox guys have printed. I am apparently connecting to the printer but when I attempt to print a test page I get the message that explorer will have to close. This happens with Word and notepad also. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back