Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOSS Required for R11.1 Preferred Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Is IPOSS Required for R11.1 Preferred Edition? When did this take effect?

ACSS

Hi, I recently had to add this to my PLDS to get access to all of the software upgrades on support.avaya.com. It was a ridiculous AUD $600+ for one year just to be able to get access to service packs, etc.
When speaking with Avaya, they advised they're really tightening up support.avaya.com.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

By the letter of the law, in the IPOSS offer def, you should have IPOSS on an IP500, as well as the server running VM Pro... Has not been enforced, but i am hearing form other engineers that they are starting to do so now.

Also, i let my ACSS lapse, they wouldn't let me open a ticket... Seems they are starting to enforce some of the policies been in place, but not enforced to date...

Yes, I believe that started in November 2020. Plus is required when upgrading/migrating to R11.1 as well. So you will need to purchase an upgrade license and IPOSS.

My vendor has confirmed pretty much what has been said here. IPOSS has been "Required" for quite some time however was not really enforced until recently. I personally think that is a BAD move on Avaya's Part.

ACSS

@dsm600rr - Agree! When you buy Windows 10, Microsoft don't charge you for service packs to fix errors as a result poor testing on their part. I've signed up for 1 year of IPOSS (Reluctantly).

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Looking else SmartNet support for a Cisco Firewall is somewhere around 20% of the product cost.

It isn't compulsory but you get access to all the updates, 8x5 tech support and hardware replacement

The policy on access to downloads does seem to vary from company to company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back