Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOSE 12.0 deployed on VMWare

William C290

Technical User
Jul 25, 2024
JO
Hi ,,,

I have IPO Server Edition R12.0 deployed on VMWare. When rebooting either the primary or secondary IPO, the server is stuck and not back-operational, and either web control or web management is not working.
When accessing the server console and rebooting it, it runs again.
this is a strange issue because IPO is a service on servers and it should be working well when rebooting.

Solution
@Mo. Abdullah: The Problem is that when rebooting the system add the default route (0.0.0.0 being added to eth1), removing it from VMWare solves the issue.

The engineer check another issue regarding Rls 12:0

" when the server is rebooted from Web Control or Manager client application, there was another issue observed on our session regarding the system entering into Emergency mode.
I also mentioned on our call earlier, that this issue has been occurring randomly for some users on VM ware, where the IPO reboots into Emergency mode and some settings of the system are defaulted for the solution. For example, in this case, I could see the additional HDD path being removed.
In this case, the only next actions recommended from our...
i am facing the same issue here with primary and secondary too.
i will try to re-deploy the 2 VMs again and re-ignite them and will open a ticket with Avaya id i still have the issue.

will update ASAP.

@Mo. Abdullah: I create a ticket too.
it seems that Avaya has introduced these Rls without testing them, Look, another issue I face on J100 phones, is configuring the screensaver on it, when it's working, the clock stops and does not work, which means if the screensaver starts at 12:05 AM, it's stuck there and not updated. have you seen this before ???

you are right bro. it is really seems that this new rocky Linux product not tested yet.
i didn't face this issue yet. i will try to test it.

send me the steps to update.

@Mo. Abdullah: The Problem is that when rebooting the system add the default route (0.0.0.0 being added to eth1), removing it from VMWare solves the issue.

The engineer check another issue regarding Rls 12:0

" when the server is rebooted from Web Control or Manager client application, there was another issue observed on our session regarding the system entering into Emergency mode.
I also mentioned on our call earlier, that this issue has been occurring randomly for some users on VM ware, where the IPO reboots into Emergency mode and some settings of the system are defaulted for the solution. For example, in this case, I could see the additional HDD path being removed.
In this case, the only next actions recommended from our end would be to wait for and upgrade to IPO version 12.1 (releasing by the end of November 1st week).
Since this case is occurring randomly for some systems and the solution is already available- to upgrade to version 12.1 and not reboot the IPO server till then, there is no other workaround or solution confirmed for version 12.0 "

Solution
thanks for the update william.
do you mean that i should remove the default ip route 0.0.0.0 for the primary and secondary from the Manager app ?

Seems we may have a similar issue with 12.0 deployed in VMware environment. I have 2 out of 5 system that were either upgraded to 12.0 or spun up as 12.0 and if rebooted they do not come back up. We have to go to console and restart.
I am trying to look at similarities for the ones that don't recover but, so far I haven't found anything.
Has Avaya responded to any tickets that have been open with them?

I did see something on the support site about support for Nutanix but, we are not using that.

Attachments

• Avaya Knowledge - IP Office _ Support for Nutanix platform with IPOSE.pdf
    82.1 KB · Views: 0

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back