Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOffice Shortcodes how-to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KALD

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
Hi all -

I've got an IP Office here that I use for testing - so it gets blown away often. I've not touched it in over 3 months, and have forgotten most of the shortcode setup stuff. I'm looking for a way to dial out of my pri line (line 5) by dialing 9 and then the number... I was also wondering if there was a site out there that covers how to setup shortcodes and all the NJ etc stuff that is used? It'd be nice to maybe get some feedback from this forum and perhaps start one if such doesn't exist. I have no docs with this unit or else I'd be reading them.

Thanks a lot!

SortCode 9N
Telephone Number N
Lide ID <outgoing line groupe ID of line req>
feature Dial

IPGuru - on the same subject, I am trying to setup our system so that any outbound call will send our 800 number as the calling number instead of the test number that is loaded on the PRI and the CO advertises on the call. How do I modify the 9N shortcode?

Thanks.

In the Tel# field of the short code 9[N] you can enter .s800xxxxxxx and it will send out the 800 number. I have run into issues where this didn't work though due to the service provider. It's worth a try though, it has worked more times than not in my experience.

Do I need to have the N before the .s800xxxxxxx in the telephone number field?

Nope. Just .s800xxxxxx (where the x's are the rest of the 800 number).

You may need to put a i after the s. This is to tell the provider that it is set for national. It has fixed all of our sites that could not send outbound caller ID.

.si800xxxxxxx

Make sure that the 800 number is registered with your provider, they may block the number that you send out unless you give them a heads up.

If you are using the 9 prefix to select a line replace the . with N - . means everything dialed which wold reult in the leading 9 being sent to line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back