Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ipoffice lost DHCP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

whistle779

Technical User
Jan 2, 2004
US
I was upgrading A IP403 From 1.4 to 2.0 And It seem that DHCP feature was lost. Please help vm not working, can't find ipoffice with manager.....

did you upgrade from a Win2k/xp pc set as a DHCP Client with the IPO as DHCP server
if so your upgrade has erased the bin file & failed.
also to upgrade a 403 to 2.0 you have to upgrade to 1.99 first

to up upgrade from a win2K/XPO pc you *MUST* be on a fixed ip addr (ok I know there are exceptions but this is the easiest rule to follow)
The good news is your system can be recovered.

1) put your pc onto a fixed IP address. (if you have previously programmed the IPO from this pc this may be all that is required)

2) check the bin directory in manager is correct

3) select View/tftp log you should now see Bootp requests from the IPO listing its mac addr.

4) add a bootp entry into the manager using the mac address from 3, the IP addrt of the IPO & the correct file name for the required bin (IP403.bin)

good luck

Thanks for the advice. I had to default the switch. And redo the upgrade....

Glad I found your Thread! Had the same (quite scary) problem: erroneous upgrade to 2.0 and a non-responding IPO. All solved now! Thnx...

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Home is were you end up when you've got nothing better to do

Great thread!! Thanks very much, also had the same SCARY situ, I acquired the 2.0 software, a friend in my telecoms company talked me through the upgrade and whizz bang no IP403! But all ok now!

Many thanks again

Alisdair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back