Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOffice Line Selection on Handunit pickup or Speaker 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaCiscoAdmin

Technical User
Dec 6, 2012
CA
On our IPOffice, using 9608 VoIP phones, each station is assigned 3 call appearance buttons ( a, b & c )

Buttons 1 & 2 are for 2-way calling. ( a & b )

Button 3 is for out calling only. (c)

Is there a setting that lets you configure which line is automatically selecting for calling out when either the handunit is lifted or the speaker button is depresed?

Since Line 3 ( button c) is for out-calling, I would like to set it so that it is selected automatically when the handunit is lifted.

As well, for an incoming ringing line, I would like to set it so the lifted handunit automatically answers the ringing line.

Can these things be accomplished on the IPOffice using 9608 VoIP sets ?

The purpose of appearance C set to out-only, is if you have a call on a that is holding, and you are on b, you need the outbound appearance c to be able to transfer the call on b. Selecting c as the first outbound choice may very well put you in a situation where you have calls on all 3 appearances and are stuck, unable to transfer a call away

Call Appearances", unlike "Line Appearances" are not associated with specific lines (trunks). Think of them as a call path between the phone system and the phone. You need 2 in order to receive a call (a) and then transfer that call (b). You would need 3 in order to do this while another call is holding on your extension.

That being said, there is a setting in User>Telephoney>Multi-Line Options called "Reserve Last CA". This setting ensures that you always have a "path" for outgoing calls by not allowing incoming calls on your last available CA (Call Appearance). It CAN be used for transferring, but a call will not come into your extension on that CA..

I hope this helps.

Please remember... If it's not the way that YOU would do it, that does not necessarily mean it's wrong. EVERYONE knows SOMETHING that you do not.

Unlike oldfashioned key systems the IPO is a PABX whre the 'A' stands for Automatic
if you leave things alone it has the intelegence to do the right thing & ensure you get the best performance
as TTT & RocketJTech suggest, the only change you need to do from default with call apperances is enable Reserve_last_Ca (why this is not default is a mystery).
most of my systems also had the 3rd appearance removed as no-one wanted a 2nd call ringing when they are processing a current one (this is simply another hold over from legacy systems that could not queue call)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back