Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOffice blast conference 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

auskar85

Technical User
Dec 5, 2012
LT
Does IPOffice support function like Blast conference in Definity?

If you come to an IP Office forum and ask about a Definity feature, you might get further if you explain what the feature does rather than hoping that some of us might also have Definity experience.

Help us help you by being a bit more informative.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Auto page? You can even do it on an indial.

I'm part of the problem.

Hmmm.

SA8893 – Blast Conference
This special application allows an endpoint to dial a single number and have Communication
Manager call to up to 8 other pre-administered endpoints, conferencing them all together.

New England Communications

Hunt group won't do this. If Blast Conference is like other products, it rings X number of phones and adds them to the conference as users answer. Hunt group will ring all, but only connect the first party to answer - other phones will simply stop ringing.

I've done IPO for many years and today I learned something... Cool!

Priority call it is.
Funny enough this is not an official option (somebody from avaya told me that)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Indeed, it's not officially documented and there is little need for it in practice, but it works nicely :)

It seems to be a definity shortcode like some others.
But i like the option and use it once in a while.

BAZINGA!

tlpeter, I told you that as I did a feature request on it (because a Tenovis I3 or I5 could do it) and they implemented it but for some mysterious reason it is never mentioned in any doc.

It was already there and i know we did do that as the Tenovis has an emergency group.
The Avaya guy came back with the priority call as a suggestion.

BAZINGA!

Actually, I can see this feature being used for "emergency situations" at several of our current sites. When used with hunt groups, it still appears to override Do Not Disturb and doesn't forward to VM. Very slick! I love learning new tricks!

Peter you may be right, I can't remeber exactly (altzheimer?), but I do remember when we first tried it then the IP Office rebooted without failure as soon as a IP Phone answered the group priority call.

You can plan a conference in OneX portal. If the scheduled time is there IPO will call all participants. It is available from R9.1 on.

The reboot was fun indeed :)
That is already a long time ago.

BAZINGA!

You can derfloh, but it doesn't really work consistently... but neither does OXP, so that's not a big surprise :)

Sad but true, I have deployed two One-X installs two weeks ago and both are a pain in te butt. It set pressure on our ten years ongoing relation with those customers. We are looking for alternatives suitable for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back