Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOFFICE 500 pri card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Dec 31, 2010
SA
Dear Members,
I installed a PRI card(single port) on ipoffice 500, but the System status>Trunk cards shows DISABLED UNLICENSED, Same card is working fine on IP OFFICE 500V2(sw ersion 7),our lab machine with almost all licenses, is the configuration for PRI card different in IP OFFICE 500.
Do i need any licenses in the ipoofice 500 (sw versio 6) to get the card enabled?

Please help !!

What is the line type set to ? If it's QSIG you'll need a Voice Networking Channel License. This isn't required for PRI and T1.

Dear BIXPRO,
Line subtype set to QSIG A, since we have free 8 channels on the PRI card, we installed 8 voice networking channel licenses as per the PRI card documentation.
No clue what went wrong...License status is valid.

Is it set for QSIG?
That needs a voice networking license.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

i have installed the voice networking licenses already, i would like to know what other license i require!!

Make sure the licence is valid, if you post the feature key number I can look up the licence.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Also with Qsig only the base 4 voice networking licence is required and that gives you as many channels as the PRI card allows, no need to add any more so the second 4 you licenced were not required :)

I see my post was a bit late :)
Looks stupid asking a question that is already being given.

BAZINGA!

Dears,
This is the SERIAL Number on the smart card installed on the ip office.
SN 5143631
Dear amriddle01,
The excel sheet had two license keys for voice networking channels (4 each)and i installed both..is this whay went wrong...I am in real trouble as the customer is of high priority...

When you apply both then it still should work.
It will only enable 4 more SCN channels.

Right under line sub type there is a setting called admin, is it set "in service" or "out of service"?

BAZINGA!

Tlpeter ,
it is set to In Service....

Ki1UlCbo5vS1O753sSJYucqa0WNidDly
Q20fkH6evX4dncLrVAJ4CYd6xbdldymX

They are on the feature key so it's just copy/paste them into the licence part from the manager. You only need 1 networking licence for Qsig and you have 2.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Dear Bas1234,
Thanks for your support, i will delete all the keys and install one Voice networking license. I will update you once i finish the changes...

NO Luck !!!

I deleted the old Voice networking channel license and loaded the new one, license status is valid but the PRI CARD is still in DISABLE-UNLICENSED status.

What next???

What does SSA show?
What does monitor show?

BAZINGA!

Peter,
Status monitor shows DISABLED-UNLICENSED
I want to know whether i need any other license..

My fault SSA shows this but what does monitor show you?
Reboot the IPO and let the trace run.
It will show trunk info.

You do not need any other licenses.

BAZINGA!

What mode is the IP Office running?? Basic/Nortel/Partner/IP Office???

I think only IP Office mode will support networking.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Jamie, you are right and i thought the same but then there would be no QSIG option for the PRI card.

BAZINGA!

Dear All,
I made it work, tested it on my lab ipoffie running the same licenses as the client ip office, i installed the pri card on client ip office , loaded the licenses, Staus monitor still shows DISABLED-UNLICENSED, still i configured the line short code, other short codes, incoming route and ARS. Connected the QSIG to the card port 9, green light came and i dialed from the Ericsson PBX...BANG the call came to my Avaya Phone, dialled the Ericsson from my Avaya and the call reached the ercsson phone...all with caller ID and name ...i am the first one to do this in Riyadh....

Now the wierdest thing ""Staus monitor still shows TRUNK as DISABLED-UNLICENSED""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back