Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOffice 500 (BT) voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameside

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2018
GB
Hi.

Any pointers for changing the huntgroup Voicemail greeting?

This is a BT installed IP office, so would be using their default config that they generally use.

I’m unsure what mailbox number the group voicemail box would be? I’ve not been to site yet, and can’t recall with Avayas if a programmed VM key will show the mailbox number on screen? Or can the greeting be changed after listening to voicemails after pressing the VM key?

Don’t do much with Avayas TBH.

Thanks!

Should be the same as any other hunt group voicemail.
Try *99. Then mail box number, the mailbox password..follow prompts

Hi. Thanks.

On looking, the customer said it was a message only, no mailbox. So I then assumed it was going to be using the auto attendant. I managed to get the password to login, and can see it is clearly a group mailbox being used, and a shortcode of *711 had been setup to retrieve the mailbox. This shortcode had not been assigned to any feature key on any phone. However, now knowing the code, I could access the mailbox, which had over 300 voice messages! The greeting doesn't encourage a user to leave a message, but loads had, often just them hanging up. I have changed the greeting for now, but will swap this to an auto attendant greeting when next on site. This is their out of hours message, but is on 24/7 at the moment.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back