Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOCC when IPO is in failover mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanSD

Technical User
Feb 4, 2008
US
Scenario: By default, the IPOCC (9.0) is configured to communicate only with the Primary IPO Server (9.0). Server goes down and Secondary Server takes over.

What, if anything, can we configure or implement in order to continue using the IPOCC?
Thanks in advance!

As far as I know IPO connects to IPOCC with a dial short code pointing at a SIP endpoint. That can be configured at every single IPO server.

I don't know how IPOCC connects a call back to IPO. If it uses the SIP endpoint the call comes in it should work as well.

I think it's more along the lines of the SIP extension registers to the Primary via IP address, so if the Primary is down, then it can't register. I'm not sure that if it fails to register, if there's a way to get the IPOCC to try the secondary?

Don't know about IPOCC. But I would think that you can perhaps register a second IPOCC SIP extension to secondary server. The use the same short codes on secondary as you do on primary but point them to the SIP extension registered with secondary server.

We just got this response back from Avaya Systems Engineer:
Vendor/Avaya said:
If the Primary SE is down or offline, is there a way to keep the IPOCC server online to support CC calls? No

If the answer is “No”, are there any plans in place to allow an IPOCC server to register to a Secondary SE server? Not that I am aware of at this time. I do know this question has come up before, but have not seen any PLM commitments for a survivable IPOCC in the event the primary server goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back