Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO500V2. Can't get into Basic Mode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmana

Programmer
Jan 23, 2008
US
Greetings,

I have an IPO 500 V2 out of the box that appeared to be on 9.0.x. I upgraded firmware to 9.1.1. The firmware loaded fine and shows as 9.1.1.

I go into the IPO for the initial config using Manager and it prompts me for the type. I select Basic and when the config opens, I get a bunch of errors. It seems that it opens a Standard config instead.

If I save the config and let it reboot, I get into an unlicensed standard mode. I then try to change it to Basic mode and I get an error that states: "Access Rights Ok, but not permitted to execute command."

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Downgrade to 9.0.6 using the upgrade wizard in manager, wait till the ipo is started then upgrade to 9.1.
It will be in Basic mode then

Of buy an Essential Edition license and have more fun with the system ;-)

Keep it at 9.1. Open Manager, but do not connect to the IPO. Go to File, then preferences. On the tab for preferences uncheck the option for "default to standard mode". Now open up your configuration and you should be able to choose and open it in basic mode.

i experienced the same issue.

@telecomboy i tried your suggestion but no to avail.

@edmana were you able to fix it? please give me an update. thanks.

i'm currently upgrading the box from 9.0 to 9.1.

hi. i was able to solve it. i created an offline config and send the config to the control unit. let me know if this solves your issue. thanks

If you go to preferences and uncheck the box next to the "default to standard mode" option and check the box next to the "set simplified view as default" option. It should boot into basic mode. It worked for me on 9.1(1). Just make sure you uncheck the box next to the "set simplified view as default" option before you go to work on or install a standard mode IP Office.

Thank you for this thread and especially the solution ecbalaro! I ran into the same problem and pushing a config is what finally worked. At first, trying to push the config seemed to be causing issues, but ultimately it was the solution.

I am so happy that muppet mode will be removed in R10 and higher, what a crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back