Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO412 with 5610 & Checkpoint VPN Issues - HELP -

Status
Not open for further replies.

tialdone

Technical User
Dec 18, 2005
CA
I recently replaced BCM 400 phones with an IPO412. The network and VPN have not changed. (VoIP no longer works).

I have a IPO412 with Checkpoint VPN Issues. If I connect a 5610 or a soft phone on the local network everything works perfectly normal.

Once I put the 5610 on the outside of the firewall it stops working properly. It will download the bin files from the TFTP server and then fail at 99%.

I installed manager at the remote location and pointed the 5610's at the local one to download the tftp from the local machine and I have the same result.

Does the 5610 Avaya IP phone communicate secure with the IPO 412?

Turn phone on/ setup ip info / download files /asks for extension / asks for password / screen goes blank and will not proceed. (Take the phone and plug it into the IPO and it is fine).

VPN SETUP:

Here is the info about our CheckPoint products:

Main office Markham location: Firewall/VPN UTM device, Version NGX R65 running on Secure Platform version R65 which is installed on an IBM x335 server.
remote offices locations: Firewall/VPN EDGE device, firmware version 7.0.33. those are small boxes from checkpoint, between all those sites we have VPN permanent tunnels with NAT DISABLE between those networks.

Site A
IPO412 (Avaya Server - Gatekeeper/Gateway) behind Checkpoint FW UTM NGX R65 (FW A) - main office.

Site B
5610SW IP (Avaya Client B) behind Checkpoint VPN EDGE ver 7.0.33 (FW B) - remote office

Site C
5610SW IP (Avaya Client) behind Checkpoint VPN EDGE ver 7.0.33 (FW C) - remote office

Site A / Site B / Site C are member of a mesh VPN community over Internet. all the tunnels between those sites are defined as permanent tunnels.
No NAT is involved between those LANs.

When I'm trying to connect Avaya client B or C to Avaya server some of the packets are dropped by FW A . I took a look at the dropped reason and it says:" H323 reason: Malformed H.225 message "
that means the packet is either malformed or the checkpoint FW A detects the packet as malformed because in not 100% complying with the specific RFC for H323 series of protocols.

I already opened a ticket with Checkpoint and they specified that it is a known incompatibility between Avaya ip phones and checkpoint products !!!
they will try to guide me for a work around, but they told me that Avaya might have already an work around as they will try to accommodate they product in a checkpoint environment.

I have TFTP Logs and Sys logs for the 15 minute periods of registration attempts

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

We have seen a similar problem with check point
Unfortunatly we wer unable to resolve the issue befor the customer gave up.
You will need to escalate this through to avaya - Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back