Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO406/412 Setup Directory ON PHONES

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbutler

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2005
US
Hi all, my first post, I am IT Mgr for a new business with two buildings, and IPO412 and 406, running 3.0(59) with mostly 5420D phones.

I am looking for a user-simple way to program the Directory so that users can look up names and/or Desks right from the phone. We are way under 100 phones so this would not be all that bad.

I want to have just ONE button for "Go to the directory" instead of having a button for DIR doing Emulation-Directory, then having to hit another button, then press the number for the first/last name of the person, etc.

I wanted to set it up for hit One button to get the Directory, then hit a number for: Inhouse by First name, Inhouse by Last name, Cell phone list, and Desk list -- eg Security, Receiving, that is, extensions staffed by more than one user.

Thanks!

If you have VM pro should be relatively easy to do.. just set up a Shortcode in VM Pro that goes to a menu that says press 1 for names or 2 for groups, then next 1 for last name/first name.. and have it go to dial by name directory.. and set another shortcode up in manager.. Theorectically that should work.. but I've never tried it..

Thanks for the info but what I am really looking for is an on-phone directory not voice based, but based on the phone display. (The External option but implemented without that step.) In other words, scroll through user names on the display.

For the degree of custmisation you want away from what the IP Office provides your best bet would have been 5610/20 phones and a custom WML directory.

Unfortunately I don't think the CTI developer interfaces go as far as building custom apps that can drive the phone displays.

Yes with IP phones, you can run on a web server/LDAP server the Avaya LDAP directory application, that is written in PHP and fully customizable (
Ive tried it on 46xx phones and its pretty good. Problem is syncing the LDAP server to the PBX. I guess the IP Office's directory menus on the 5420s must be real cumbersome because i thought it was quite nice on 64xx phones, especially that it automatically syncs multiple IP Office users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back