Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO vs FreePBX sip trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3voltas

Technical User
Nov 12, 2013
PT
Hi there.
This is my first experience with SIP trunking.
I have set up a lab environment with:
- VMware ESXi 7.0
- an IPO 11.1.2 on a VM (IPO Anywhere OVA), which AFAIK comes with SIP licensing enabled
- a FreePBX 16.0.33 on a VM (ISO install)

Both VM's have been deployed with zero issues and those have network interfaces on the same vSwitch and can ping each other.
Now I'd like to have a LAN to LAN SIP trunk configured between both systems. No security/authentication needed for now because this is my first trial with this.

IPO has the IPO Anywhere config set up on it. Meaning it's IP address has gone back to 192.168.42.230/24, extensions 101, 102, 103.
FreePBX has IP address 192.168.42.240/24 and I would like to set up it's extensions as 201, 202, 203, etc.

This is the add trunk "chan_pjsip" config panel on the FreePBX. What would I need to fill-in?
tek-tips1_lnaoxr.jpg

tek-tips2_iz3fn0.jpg

tek-tips3_ocxfrk.jpg

tek-tips4_fcsvil.jpg

tek-tips5_dgi55d.jpg

tek-tips6_jhqjdf.jpg

Here in the codecs I think it's safe to say that I should only need "alaw" (g.711).
tek-tips7_w3x0v1.jpg

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Check the FAQ for IP Office and FreePBX which might give a few clues.

Bear in mind this was written in 2009 so there have been some slight changes on the IPO.

Hi @ipohead
Many thanks for your reply.
In fact, I had already been reading that FAQ article, but it is filled with stuff that I can't relate to when looking at the current configuration fields in the FreePBX side of things.
Could you give me a hand with this, please?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

I can't really help as I don't use FreePBX but there maybe someone else here who can.

I think SIP server = 192.168.42.23 port = 5060 authentication - not needed registration - off

Are you OK on the IP Office side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back