Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TELECOSYSTEMS

Vendor
Dec 27, 2006
US
My IPO voicemail is 2 hours behind the IPO time. What is the best way to sync the time & what is the preferred time server? Thanks

vm is taking the time from the server it runs on so your time is off.
if you synch the time on your server to the correct time then you can synch the time on the IPO to the server by setting it to be the time server for it.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I set the IPO time server to be the local pc running manager. Closed manager and scheduled a reboot for 1 AM. VM time is still off. Where do I find the server my vm is running on?

Hi telecosystems.

If you go into the System -> System, you will see, if you scroll down a little, a drop down menu from which you can select your time source.

Custom
Memory Card
Manager

If you want control of the time, and you have no access to an NTP server, you can select "Manager", and then put the computer ip running manager in the box below.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Your post says "where do I find the server my vm is running on"? Does this mean you do not know what pc is running vmpro?

VM Pro takes its time from the Server/PC it's running on, ignore all those settings referenced earlier ...they are for the system itself and so irrelevant.

Where do I find the server my vm is running on

It's your and/or the IT mans job to already know this :)

There are a few ways to accomplish setting the time on a VM Pro server. If you're running a Windows server just log into the box and change the time. Piece of cake.

If you're running an Application Server (Linux) you need to navigate to the web page of the device (usually and log in with your Administrator credentials. Navigate to Platform and click Settings then System. Time settings are about half way through the page.

Thanks aaron. Running Linux worked just as you stated. Appreciate all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back