Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO upgrade to v11

Status
Not open for further replies.

divemaster1980

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2007
US
I have about 200 IPO systems that I need to upgrade from versions 8.x, 9.x, & 10.x to 11. I need to do these remotely (if possible). Is there a solution that will allow me to remotely upgrade these systems? I just spent the last 6 hrs trying to upgrade 3 different systems remotely, everytime I start the standard upgrade it fails. I'm guessing the reason is because of the number of hops between my PC and the site where each of these are located. If I got the System Management server for IPO, would I be able to do it then?

never do the upgrades across a VPN always get a PC or server that is onsite to the IPO. You could always get new SD cards and create them to the release you want and ship them to the sites for the local people to install which will upgrade the systems. Just make sure that you do the license swap and install them to the SD Cards before shipping them out. But remember that you need to be at specific releases in order to do that.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back