Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO SIP (via SM) to CS1K to PRI for PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

think1st

Vendor
Sep 30, 2005
US
Im not much on the IP Office but was wondering if anyone has run across this or got past it.

Ive set up the IP office as per the documentation I had at hand and incoming and outbound calls worked but outgoing CLID did not. Here is what I found. If setup like the book the only thing that gets sent for CLID is the user number (272). If the SIP line in modified so that the SIP URI no longer has the * as per the docs but instead uses "use internal data" then on the user forms a new "SIP" tab shows up. In the sip tab of the user I can put in anything I want for the "name" field and that will show up for my CLID for example in the DCH traces in the CS1K. Calling number field.

If I use the format (area code)(exchange)(user) such as "9195836123" in that name field of the sip tab on the user form. then I see that number coming in and then leaving the CS1K (in on the SIP DCH out on the PRI DCH) but the NPI and TON are unknown/unknown. If I set the name field in the SIP tab of the user form to
"9195836123;phone-context=+1@sipdomain.sip" I get the correct CLID and the correct NPI and TON (e164/national). I do use the +1 as my national public SIP uri in my CS1000 node config.
The problem I then have is that my incoming call breaks and the invite on an incoming all to the IP Office returns a 404 not found message. My incoming invite is to 9195836123;phone-context=+1@(IPoffice IP address).

I have tried this both sending the calls outbound from the IP Office to the SM100 address of session manager and also directly to the node address of the CS1K but it functions the same either way.

Any help or in site to the IP office would be appreciated.

All set.
Left the phone context in the user form. Changed the sip line to * for local uri and use internal data for all others.

Good, because you were speaking gibberish to me and I know SIP, remember we don't speak Nortelese here in general :)

"No problem monkey socks

Avaya published a solution based on this issue today.
SOLN231608

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back