Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Server Edition 9.0 or 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

voippbx

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
US
Dumb question but I cannot figure it out. I have installed many IPO's as well as CM's with G450's etc. When you setup a multi site CM you build everything on Main server and it propagates down. On IPO if i have 3 sites with one being core IPO Server Edition and IP500 and site B is IP500 and site C is IP500. All IP Phones. I know you build the PRI and license the PRI on the local IP500 itself as well as digital/analog users. But what about the IP phones.

Example of issue. I have IPO Server with 6 sites that all have IP500's. All licenses except PRI are on the Server. The main server has say 100 IP station licenses that can be distributed to any gateway site that needs them. In order to have some type of local usage in the event you lose communication with the core we built all the IP phones on each IP500 remote. If WAN goes out they have local USER in their IP500 and come up. However, no applications work unless the user is built in the Server. IE - i have station 1234 built on site 2 IP500. If that user tries to use Communicator for use of softphone they are to register to the Server but it fails since they are in the remote IP500. So we have to delete them on the remote and build them in the Server.....is this correct? Now they won't have a user profile when in (lSP) like mode.

So in a multi site environment - How are licenses to be done? All on core server? How is the user to be built? On core or remote?

I am trying to compare this to CM and it is built in one spot. IPO is different....please advise?

It think the only mistake is that you connect with communicator to server and not to the local IP500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back