Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO SE powered by OVA vs "ABE" OVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoTajkun

Technical User
Feb 15, 2017
HR
Does anybody know what are differences between IPO SE deployment with Powered By OVA and standard "ABE" OVA?
PB OVA is intended for use in deployment with PB licensing. As PB licenses could not be extended any more one option for such customers is "switch" them to "onprem" licenses. In that case is it option to activate needed licenses on localhost WebLM or local on exiting IPOSE deployed from powered by OVA?
Or new VM must be deployed from standard "ABE" OVA to use regular licenses?
Are there any instruction from Avaya for migration possibilities/steps for deprecated Powered By customers?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers.

APDS - Avaya Midmarket Solutions
AIPS - Avaya IP Office™ Platform
ACSS - Avaya IP Office™ Platform

Powered By is a cloud offer. I know TelAgility was hosting some. So, if you sold a Powered By IPO and you were partnered up with them, they'd spin you up your IPO SE Powered By OVA and get you going.

That said, being a cloud offer, that's a "no money down" proposition when it comes to licenses. Which would lead me to believe your statement about "switching" them to "onprem" licenses means buying them.

Based on the end of sale notice, it looks like you can add users as long as you have a contract, and depending if you're in the US or not, you're getting kicked off June 30 2021 or Sept 30 2021. I imagine the Avaya rep/the cloud vendor is letting them know that. I imagine there's some kind of forced migration to ACO available.

Based on your customer, you'd either squeeze them into ACO or into spending for prem IPO licenses. Depending on the number of users and the feature usage - namely softphones - you'll get a decent cost comparison of how much it would take to license the equivalent on prem or as a IPO SE in your data center vs monthly with ACO.

Existing Powered By Avaya IP Office booked contracts remain unchanged, can continue to be
expanded, and continue to be entitled for Avaya support through the contract term, giving