Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO REL 9 and VMPRO REL 9 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

desphoneguy

Vendor
Sep 29, 2005
CA
Good afternoon people.

Has anyone noticed some weird stuff with IP500 v2 rel 9.0.0.0 build 860 and VMPro 0.0.200.41.

It seems that I am unable to forward a copy of a voicemail message to another voicemail user. This does not work using prompts on T7316's or visual voice on 1416's

Also, occationally when trying to transfer to other users who are on the phone I get a display that says user is busy, it should go directly to Voicemail but does not.

What voicemail? Embedded or vmpro? and which version: Intuity or IP Office Mode. IPO mode doesn't forward messages.

Not using VMPro but I've noticed some quirks/bugs on release 9.0.1.0 build 845. Had a guys's voicemail flat out disappear over the weekend. Our service manager somehow lost his custom VM greeting after recording one. And after the phone system reboots (immediate config changes) we have a few phones that revert back to a ringtone previously used.

The voicemail thing might have been a fluke because neither have re-surfaced but the ringtone thing is just plain odd.

We lost MAPI functionality for VM Pro - wouldn't even relay messages after the upgrade...

Hey Telecomboy

As per the original post VMPRO 9.0.200.41 sorry 9 was missing. As well it is IP Office Mode.

As per the docs in knowledgebase I should be able to do the forwarding.

Forwarding a Message to a Different Extension

You can forward a message to a different extension or to several extensions at the same time.

To forward a message to a different extension:

1. During or immediately after playing a message, press 6.

2. Press 2.

3. Enter each extension number followed by a #.

4. Press # again to finish. For example:

• To forward a message to extensions 201, 202 and 203, key in: 201#202#203##

• To forward a message to extension 201 only, key in: 201##

To return to the previous menu or to cancel message forwarding:

1. Press #.

This feature is broken.
There's a special patch from Avaya that fixes the problem.

Thanks to everyone that responded,

All of my problems have been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back