Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO R11 +VM Pro + O365/Exchange 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrow4

Technical User
Jul 12, 2020
US
Hi, I can't seem to see why IPO R11 +VM Pro + O365/Exchange is not working.

basically I just want to send voicemail to email with using those component.

Maybe its a tls issue. Try to allow unsecured app on office 365. Or try an smtp relay to integrate between vmpro and office 365.

Thanks icet500. Do you know all the places or component that needs to be configured. I'm not sure if I did this correctly. Let me see if I can attached screenshots.

What happens when you try? What does the VM Pro log say? Where are you configuring voicemail to email?

You really gave no information to go on which is why you are not getting responses. The more information you can provide the better. Even better if you go over what you have already tried and what happens when you tried it.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

This is what works for me
domain doesn't matter

smtp.office365.com
email@mydomain.com

Authentication
email@mydomain.com

the sending email and authentication email have to match or it will fail.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Hi Guys sorry for the late response.
First
In IP Office Manager
System -> SMTP

VMP1_omf3bx.png

Second in Voicemail Pro Client:
Administration -> Preferences -> General, in System Preferences window: Email -> SMTP Sender
VMP2_c2msxw.png

in System Preferences window: Email -> SMTP Receiver
VMP3_jiw2up.png

How to troubleshoot this and fix this?

If you are using voicemail pro then you DON’T need to set it up in Ipo
manager as well

Enable logging in the web management page

Then make your voicemail cal and leave message

Open the voicemail log files and look for smtp files

This will give you information on why it failed.

Does your vmpro have access to the internet ok

@ Snowman50. I'll clear the IPO Manager SMTP info and follow the steps you mentioned.

And have you configured anything for email@mydomain.com at the Exchange end. Email servers won't send emails on behalf of addresses that don't have a matching account on that email server or for which they haven't been told to relay.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@ Sizbut, I have created a dummy account in my exchange sever which I'm testing with.

Hey you enabled logging and checked a log to see why it says it failed?

Haven't got a chance...sorry buddy @ critchey. This is my first time doing this so I didn't know weather I need to add VM Pro for this to work or not. From what snowman is saying for it to work I need to configure SMTP on VM Pro only but not on both IPO Manager and VM Pro.

Use the diagnostic tab on voicemail pro web management and see if you can ping out from it

Test your gateway IP address and external address 8.8.8.8

If you can’t ping out then nothing will work

snowman50 is correct you do not configure the smtp settings when you have voicemail pro. Then enable logging in voicemail pro client and run a test and see what the logs have to say.

Yikes I have to wait to do it after ours. I will reboot my System. Thanks for the Info guys @ snowman50 and critchey.

You should not have to restart the IP 500 V2 only the voicemail pro service. This should only take down the voicemail for a minute or so. Most businesses are OK with this in hours but if say they record all calls then they might not be.

Let us know once you are able to run logs and see what they have to say. It should give you a big clue what is going on.

Wow guys... it worked as soon as I removed it from the IPO!!!!!!! Kudos and Shoutout to all!

I have 2 questions
1 - Enable logging in the web management page
Where and how would I do this? Is it in VMP?

2 - Open the voicemail log files and look for smtp files
Where and how would I do this? Is it in VMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back