Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO R11 Can't enable SIP Registrar 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeLB

Programmer
Jan 21, 2011
US
I've recently upgraded a system from 9.1 to 11.0.4 and there were issues with one-x mobile VOIP mode not working. Checked config to find SIP Registrar was not enabled. After attempting to enable it twice and trying both a timed reboot and when free reboot the system would come back with the SIP registrar still not enabled. The changes I made to the domain went through just not sure why the SIP Registrar would not stay enabled. Any one have any idea's?

Think it's a new "feature" that it will disable itself if you don't have a SIP extension.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thank you for the quick reply, just read that as well. Waiting for a chance to reboot and will confirm.

Hi Guys...

One BIG Caveat:
From the Avaya Knowledge Base:

DECT SIP extension do not count. The SIP extension that must be created has to be a SIP extension.

You don't want to know the swear words I created because of this.

Regards

I have a similar issue, but not sure if it related. Brand new system, at some point it allowed me to turn on SIP registrar without creating a SIP extension. Now it shows Registrar ticked, but auto create extension/user is grayed out. It also will not allow a J series phone to connect to the system. Phone just says communication error and waits for a new server IP. I have tried taking the LAN back to default, and then manually create a SIP extension, then turn on Registrar, but nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back