Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO R11.1.3 with Flowroute SIP Trunk - multiple registrations 1

telfire

Vendor
Dec 18, 2008
US
Hopefully someone has seen this before! I think this could be a network NAT issue but not sure...
I have an IP500v2 with a single SIP Trunk using registration to Flowroute. The Flowroute Dashboard shows there are 24 different registrations ALL to my IP Office public IP address (so I know its not another system). Once it tries a 25th time, the trunk drops for a few seconds and then comes back. Surely I can stop this with possibly a SIP Trunk setting somewhere? I don't really want to engage the 3rd Party IT team if I don't have to... but I would also have to tell them what I think is causing it and don't have a clue. I have several customers on Flowroute but none of them have this problem.

I'm with Flowroute with an IP500v2 on 11.1.2.4.0 build 18. I've been losing registration constantly since yesterday. Restarting IPO will bring back registration for a bit, but then it will fail after a random amount of time. Sometimes it comes back on it's own, sometimes it requires a restart. I've been pulling my hair out trying to sort it out but I've not solved it. Sonicwall firewall and Frontier FiOS for ISP.

Hopefully someone has seen this before! I think this could be a network NAT issue but not sure...
I have an IP500v2 with a single SIP Trunk using registration to Flowroute. The Flowroute Dashboard shows there are 24 different registrations ALL to my IP Office public IP address (so I know its not another system). Once it tries a 25th time, the trunk drops for a few seconds and then comes back. Surely I can stop this with possibly a SIP Trunk setting somewhere? I don't really want to engage the 3rd Party IT team if I don't have to... but I would also have to tell them what I think is causing it and don't have a clue. I have several customers on Flowroute but none of them have this problem.
Sounds for me that summer kind of ALG or SIP helper function in the firewall adjusts the SIP messages in a way that the carrier interprets them like different registrations instead of re-registrations of the same connection.

According to the IT team, SIP transformations/Helper/ALG/Fixups is disabled. That does make a lot of sense though!

Maybe I should have them turn on SIP Transformations to see if there is any difference?

Maybe I should have them turn on SIP Transformations to see if there is any difference?

No, with SonicWall, go to the VoIP section and UNcheck "Enable SIP Transformations", and CHECK "Enable Consistent NAT"

Same issue with one of my customers.

We send REGISTER and get a 200 OK response back. But IPO seems to think that registration is not complete and registers again and again. Even with a Sonicwall.

UNcheck "Enable SIP Transformations", and CHECK "Enable Consistent NAT" didn't help

I changed the SIP Registration timer from 60 mins to 1 min and that solved my problem.

Our's was at 10min and we changed it to 1min. But still the same...

Topology is set to "Static Port Block".

Mine didn't clear right away. I had to take down the trunk to clear all the registrations at Flowroute and then enable the trunk again. It now has had only 1 registration for 3 days and running...

I guess for us it was solved by setting the use "Topology information" to none instead of the LAN interface.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back