Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Media Manager - How to calculate storage for recordings and other questions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jejime0027

Systems Engineer
Feb 8, 2021
MX
Hi experts!

I'm designing a new environment with Avaya IPO Server Edition including VM Pro and Media Manager in the same server, also an IPO500v2 for E1-R2 trunks.I'm including an HDD 1TB for storage.
Our customer is looking for a storage for 30 days enablig 30 extensions for recording.

- Is a HDD 1TB enough? How can I calculate the HDD size?
- Also, I know that I need a Media Manager license to enable MM, with this license, all extensions will be able to recording? even if I need to add 10 or 20 extensions to recording in a future?
- I need to increase the licenses for VM Pro ports for recording? Avaya is not specific with this question.

Thanks a lot for any reply!

Avaya are very clear with the last two questions. It is Voicemail Pro that does the recording.

If you think you may have 30 users all being recorded at the same time then you need at least 30 voicemail ports, plus whatever extra for the callers not being answered by the busy agents if you have more than 30 trunk channels.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Media Manager is garbage, if you can avoid using it I really really would.
If you can do a VRTX with XIMA I would highly suggest it.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

I'm sure Voicemail Pro records .WAV files at about 1Mb per minute.

1Tb may be OK but you need to do your maths on the total number and length of calls.

VM Pro ports are based on the number of concurrent calls so you need to check on that and allow for spares.

Thanks a lot for replies guys!

I have now a new perspective.

Just to be clear, I read the SE manuals, and I know that I can use this design, do you see a problem with this? I worked with Call Recording before without problems

| IPO | VMPRO | Media Manager|
------------------------------
| IPO Server Edition |

for any installation requireing this level of call recordinng I would strongly discorage the Avaya call recordinng soution & allways recomend a line side recordinng solution.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back