Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO manager Server Edition 9.0.7 and 9.1.4 manager compatability issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSTECH

Vendor
May 9, 2008
US
I have an Server Edition Running 9.0.7 I recently began to notice some weird issues with programming the system with 9.1.4 Manager .

An example. I added a new remote site (IP500) Users Hunt Groups and ICR with The 9.0.7 Manger client. Cut site over no problems.

Next day I access the system with 9.1.4 that was on my laptop did a few changes to users and saved. The next time I went into system all the HGs and IP licenses for this site and the IP trunk from Main Server to this site was gone. Needles to say it was fun reprogramming them..

Just wondering if anyone else has run into something similar..

Yes
I would not use 9.1 manager on a 9.0 system. I believe AVAYA will tell you that also.

It's only dialtone!!!

They are supposed to be backward compatible..

Did you start the IPO in dhcp client mode? Set a static later?
Undocumented, but this happens when you reboot.

Daddy! Geh UP! APPLES!

I think that the server edition does not have the client option as the licencing is tight to the ip address.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

When I add a new IP500 to the network when it powers up it gives me 3 options as to what mode I want for the IP Office one of them being Server Edition. I select that it then prompts for IP address of the unit as well as the IP's for the Primary and Secondary server. I can not program them until I turn DHCP off

Hmmm, that is wrong as those unit talk to reach other by ip address so it must always be the same.

BAZINGA!

tlpeter

I am not sure I understand what you mean. That is the process I go through to add a new remote node to an existing network.
Pardon me though but, I fail to see how to see this relates to a client compatibility issue

Dhcp client mode should not be used. There is a bug that deletes groups out of the blue.

BAZINGA!

Good to know. But, not using DHCP mode. Units are static. Also the issues I described happened days after system was already up and working.

Than it must be a problem with the 9.1 manager.
There are some big changes which apparently are a problem when you program a lower version IPO.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back