Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Dial delay 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinnaMuhammed

Programmer
Feb 6, 2012
SA
Hi ALL..

Im facing issue with IPO rel 9.0 with ccr and recording. When i check the recording i saw some numbers only partial. \Even if i make dial delay and use ; in the ars no benefit. the call center agent waits more than the dial delay time and ipo starts sending digits.
So how i can tell ipo to wait for 8 more digits if i dial 05 for example?

Dial delay count is the setting that controls the number of digits to wait for. But it sounds like you might have some conflicting short codes or a screwy ARS table. Tough to say without more info.

if you have a shortcode with xxxx then it would start dialing after 4 digits if you use N; then it will take any number of digits and wait for you to stop dialing for (usually) 4 seconds before it considers the number complete.

like DaIPOTek said it may be some constellation in your ARS that causes the issues.

In North America all our numbers are the same length (3 digits for the area code and 7 digits for the number) so we can easily set the number of digits that need to be dialed. Europe has different amounts of digits even within the same exchanges due to overlapping dialplans.
if you also have a fixed number of digits you can set it in the ARS with the number of X's you put into the shortcode if not then just use N; and be done

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Europe also allows overlap dialling so does not need the digits sent En block

this can cause the IP Office's call logging to truncate the called number when dialling out on analog trunks as it only knows the number up-to the call being triggered (It is not an issue with ISDN because the system knows the full number dialled based on the acceptance being returned from the local exchange when the call connects)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

If nothing else, they could have asked on Tek Tips ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back