Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO - Change night greeting message remotely. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dseevers

Programmer
Aug 9, 2012
US
I have a customer that wants to be able to call in and change night greeting on their phones in case of closure, snow storms, etc. They want to be able to hit the systems AA and I am sure there is an easy way to do this I am just drawing on blank on a secure way of going about it. The customers phones are swamped during the day and they all leave at 5:30 so I am trying to make sure i can test this without having to keep someone there for a couple of hours after close.

he still should be able to do this on embedded I believe

Just add an action for the menu to dial the AA number such as *8401. The trouble is anyone can change the greeting. What you can do is to make say # dial a sub menu and then add the action item to a sub menu without any voice prompt.

Stack a few together as above to form a kind of PIN, only semi-secure way really :)

you guys are right, someone could remotely change the greeting, but I like amriddle suggestion as a work a round

If you have an available DID you can create an "Special AA" with options that point to the short codes for the recordings. You can secure this by only allowing certain numbers access to it. This can be done using the CLI field in the Incoming Call Route.

Sorry yeah it is on embedded VM. And thanks for the help. I like the sub menu idea as that was the issue I was running into. If someone accidentally hit the correct number and entered the greeting menu it could be bad. But with the non prompted sub menu that should be able to take care of the security problem. Thanks

I like to use a breakout code from voicemail (0/2/3) which provides a little more security

With embedded the breakouts are *0/*2/*3

Didn't ever get the reason for the star...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back