Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Calls do not go to VM mailbox and just ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

BURLYMAN

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
I have a Small Office Edition that I upgraded to 4.0 along with VM Pro and I have a lot of inconsistencies with a couple of extensions. For some reason I have a couple of users that need to keep their DND button "ON" in order for calls to go to their voicemail otherwise a caller will just hear it constantly ring the extension. With the DND button on, the caller will go to the extension mailbox fine - however with the DND off and the phone not in use, the caller will just hear the extension ring and ring and it will never go the VM. Everything was fine before the upgrade to 4.0 in this regard and no other programming has been done except the upgrade. Now the very interesting point!!!! If I reboot the IPO or if I reboot the VM (I have not yet nailed down the order or if it matters) the VM will behave properly for some length of time (not sure exactly how long, sometimes a few hours and sometimes a day - not sure). Once I do this, a caller will go to the VM properly as configured but then after a while it just faults again. This has happened to a few extensions that I have with no rhyme or reason. Currently I'm waiting for the next patch/upgrade which will mysteriously fix this issue because I am stumped. The log files show the call going to VM properly, etc... with no obvious errors (at least to me). This must be some type of glitch (and hopefully not a programming issue) because rebooting the system corrects the problem for a short period of time. Currently this problem is happening on 2 of the 6 extensions that I have and the others have yet to have any issues (go figure!)

THere is no chance they are dialing the VM Off short code? Just a thought.

Can you ellaborate on the "VM Off" short code. Not sure what this might be however it is a direct dial right from the main auto-attendant menu to the persons extension. Even if I attempt to dial by last name from the main menu it does not work - or if I use my custom directory which is a direct transfer to the persons extension. Very weird.

Could they be dialing *19 by mistake?
*18 turn voicemail on
*19 turn voicemail off

"The lack of money is the root of all evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back