Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO and UCM - This is possible? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonecable5

Vendor
Jul 30, 2015
MX
Hello fellow readers

I had a question of a client and i dont know how to reply

The client have 2 sites
both with IP office 500, 9.1.5, and one UC module (One x portal fully configurated)
there is Voice networking channels so, there is SCN beetween sites. Both sites are working ok.

but, the client want the users of site 1, which currently uses one-X Portal and IM, can get a chat with the users of site 2
It is possible to connect TWO uc modules of different IPOs, to make both sites chat through One-X portal?

any help will be helpful.
thanks in advance

If both sites are in a SCN then remove on UCM and the problem is solved unless both sites go beyond the maximum users per UCM.
Then remove both UCM modules and install one Linux application server.

Or set tha main site to voicemail pro under system voicemail tab and at 2nd site set voicemail as centralized.

If you want to keep both UCMs with individual 1XP servers you can build XMPP federation between these two 1XP instances.

derfloh: So... there's any documents about that federation between two 1XP?
will be need more power user licenses?

Gentlemen, read some documentation.
Within a SCN two one-X portal servers is not supported. Although I admit it will work, a kind off, there is a reason for Avaya not to support this setup.

So be wise and helpfull for your customer for now and the future : use a single OneX Portal server and one centralized VM Pro, best on a dedicate server.
The UCM is as reliable as a domesticated crocodile, it will be nice to a certain point and then it will bite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back