Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 9.0 9611 "VPN Tunnell Failure" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwbwbw

Technical User
Sep 5, 2022
US
I have a 9611 handset that I am trying get to register onto a an active system with 9.0 software and active 9611 handsets.

It is using the IPO as the server 192.168.42.1. I have tried to CLEAR the 9611 several times including resetting VALUES but it keeps coming up with "VPN Tunnell Failure".

We do not use a VPN and all these sets are on a local system in a single office setting using a single 24 port dumb POE switch and is isolated on its own private wiring network from the IT network.

Rather than clearing it look at the VPN settings and see if they are active. They should not but maybe the clearing was not working. Is the IPO your DHCP server or is that another one?
Also is there a 46xxsettings.txt (or 46xxspecials.txt) file that maybe tells the phones to be VPN phones which comes back after every time you clear it as soon as they connect to the system.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Thanks. Yes IPO is the DHCP.

I will check VPN on 9611 and also 46xxx setting

I made some changes and now it says " EMPTY SIP Proxy Server List

The phones are set to SIP not to h.323
change it in the CRAFT menu to use h.323 and it should download the correct firmware for it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back