Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 6.0 with Embeded VM call routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADGComm

Technical User
Mar 15, 2011
US
Got a IP Office 500 V2 running 6.08 with embedded VM. The client wants all the calls coming into the main number to ring 3 times at the receptionist desk (x200) and then go to the AA. I have the incoming call route going to the receptionist (x200) then the fallback is set to go to AA:custAA. However when I dial in x200 rings 3 times then the AA picks up and says "to hear to recording press 1, to hear change the recording press 2 etc...

I even set up a user which fwds unconditionally to x8101 which is the recording for the AA and set it as the fallback but still no luck.

Please help!

*8101 is a shortcode for recording the AA.
You want to create an auto attendant shortcode.

Auto Attendant
AA:custAA

Good luck.

Use overflow, not fallback. Overflow at :15 to a new group with a phantom user which is forwarded unconditionaly (including hunt groups) to a short code linking to the AA> ie

Automated Attendant
AA:custAA

Dennis

Thanks for the tip. I just used overflow with the new short code and it works great. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back