Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[IPO 500 V2A] Analog lines issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuMa

Systems Engineer
Sep 26, 2023
US
Good afternoon everyone, I would appreciate any help with my issue.
1. Previously we had : IPO 500 V2 + 2 Combo Cards + 2 Digital8 + ATM4 cards (attachment card)
The issue was on version 11.0.0: every few weeks analog lines in both combo cards will switch to Out-Of-Service. I thought it was somehow related to the hardware...
2. After the hardware upgrade we have: IPO 500 V2A + 2 Combo Cards + 2 Digital8A + ATM4 cards (attachment card)
So now once a week, lines that are connected to both combo cards are switching to Out-Of-Service.
3. What is going on NOW:
-I'm running the latest 11.3 update.
-Lines that are connected to Digital8a+Atm4 are from another provider - stable and never go offline.
-Every time I restart the PBX, lines on the combo cards are going live until the next cycle of this BS.
-Analog lines are coming from Optimum.com regular Arris Coax Modem
So, what I'm trying to understand is why it's working for a few days and dies for no reason. What could be changed, and what I could ask the provider to do on their end?
Thank you in advance.

What would happen if you swapped the lines around and put the Optimum lines on the ATM4 and vice-versa?

Check the Optimum lines for voltage, should be -48V DC idle and 90V AC ringing.

Have you done a manual impedence match on each trunk port? When you do don't copy one impedence match to the other 3 trunk ports on the card.

2 Nortel4Ever
I disabled auto impedance. I'm running AUTO on one of the ports, It recommends 600. What is the best setting to try on the rest of the ports?
Switching a line will require some wiring job, which the customer will not approve (cables are too short).
Maybe it mistakenly recognized the phone line as dead? Is there a way to change this setting? I'm just guessing.

600 is what I would expect from the Arris modem.
The only way to really nail down where the problem is would be to swap the lines around that way you'll know if it's provider or equipment.

In addition, I have the same problem with another customer now on Verizon Fios copper lines.
Impedance 600, lines are Out-of-service once or twice a month. Reboot fixes the problem temporarily. Is anyone on ver 11 have the same problem? I just can't understand what could cause this BS on 2 different systems, and 2 different providers. I've attached the line config, some1 plz help ;)
LineCFG_oo87y4.jpg

Everything looks fine, your next step would be to set up continuous monitor traces. Hopefully you'll be able to see what's going on, but it will definitely be on the provider side.
Do you have something like a Simson (analog volt meter) to measure the idle like (-48VDC) and ringing (90VAC)voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back