Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 - Losing outboud audio on SIP calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortigan

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2009
US
Hey guys,

I wanted to see if anyone has any advice for troubleshooting a loss of outbound audio during some calls. Basically during calls sometimes the remote party will lose the audio stream for a few seconds. During that time we can hear them fine but they are unable to hear us at all. This typically only lasts for a few seconds and then everything returns to normal. I have a ticket open with my SIP provider but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this type of issue and can offer any advice. I know in the ALARMS log of SSA I see a lot of QOS alarms going off throughout the day with pretty high packet loss listed and sometimes jitter as well. I'm not entirely sure what this means as many of the entries in this log do not correspond to problem calls. Any insight is GREATLY appreciated.

I'm running an IPO 500 with 5.0(15)

Thanks,

Joe

Do you have some more info on your setup?

Router/firewall etc etc

this sounds like two things

1) Bandwidth related - or lack of it.
2) the RTP stream is getting lost due to your ISP load balancing their network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back