Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 - Assistance with downgrading 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldNortelChick

Technical User
Dec 13, 2015
US
Hi All:
Long story short -- I was a telecom engineer for many years (mainly nortel) and after retirement decided to open a restaurant. I have an IPO 500 v2 and I am trying to install it today- When it boots up the lights on the 2 combo cards are solid red. I believe that the system was upgraded to v9 or 8.1 and there is no licensing for that version. I need to go back to a prior version. I recreated the SD card with version 7 but I can not connect to the cabinet via the network to do the upgrade (or downgrade) of the cards. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kate

Use Lan 2 (wan) default 192.168.43.1 with a static address on your lappy of 192.168.43.2.

Direct connect. If not working then you may have to reset the ipo with a pen at the back of the control unit.
Google ipo reset button to find out how long to hold it in for.
Keep all phones unplugged until you have finished the madness or you could end up with a reboot while firmware is upgrading.

You haven't lived until you've been affected by a lack of gratuitous arp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back