Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 and v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

oleggrk

MIS
Feb 24, 2005
Hello everyone,

I have a problem after upgrading to IPO 500 and v.4. We using Avaya PC Softphones and they were working fine with 3.2 and IPO 406 v.1. Now, after we did the upgrade to IPO500 and v.4, we can't hear incoming calls. The other side can hear fine though. Outgoing calls have no problems at all. Did someone had the same problem?
Here is what we have:
IPO 500 in Pro mode
Voicemail Pro
4.0.(5) software
Phone Manager Pro in VOIP mode
PRI line

Thanks for your help.

Oleg

I'm assuming that since you say you've "upgraded to IP 500 and 4.0" that you had an SOE or IP 403/406?

If so, have you properly transferred all of your licenses to the Smart Card for the IP 500? I'd start by verifying this in Manager, making sure that all licenses show as "valid".

Yes, we had 406v1 before. All the licenses are valid on IPO500 - our vendor re-issued them fro the smartcard instead of USB doungle we had before. Plus if it would be a license issue then we wouldn't be able to call out. It seems to me that we have a problem with Voicemail Pro 4.0. That's from where the incoming calls are sent. I tried to create a separate Incoming Call Route to go directly to one of the extensions and it worked. So, now will try to roll back VM Pro to 3.2 and see if it will help...

Thanks,

Oleg

I dont see a VCM card on your kit list???????

What usually causes this is the faststart option in PM settings. Go into the audio codec tab and check fast start.

If you have upgraded then you should have upgraded PM and this option is not checked in default.

Give that a whirl.

IPO 500 has VCM30 card in it and proper licensing for it. Phone Manager was updated to v.4 and picked up all the setting from 3.2, so Enable FastStart is checked. I noticed another thing: I created a separate Incoming Call Route using one of our DIDs just for testing so when a new call is coming in it goes directly to one of the hunt groups. Any member of the hunt group is able to pick up the call and there is no issues. It's only when call was trnsfered from VM Pro workflow we have issues, but not all the time. Once in awhile our reps are able to hear when incoming call is picked up. I tried to roll back VM Pro to v.3.2 - same problem. Also, when I was trying to trace the call setup process from trunk side and from extension side, everything looks normal. There is only one difference in the trace between direct call to hunt group/extension using DID and call trabsfer from VM Pro - direct call has more instructions in Q.931 procedure like ConnectAck and the other one doesn't. It's really confusing...

Thanks,

Oleg

By the way, looks like there is another difference in v.4 software - doesn't matter if Enable fastStart is checked or not in Phone Manager. It won't work unless this is checked in the configuration for IP extension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back