Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 406 rel 4.2 Imbedded v/m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zu56

Technical User
Sep 9, 2005
US
Hi,
I have a customer who wants to have two lines (main and back line to the her office)on one phone set(Avaya 5410).
I have set up a back line and put bridge app. on the main phone set. One problem (different from Definity that I used to) is that I cannot do it with out the actual set for the back line being plugged in. If it is not present, the incoming call goes directly to v/m. Is there way not to use the set for the back line?
Second question: is there a way to inform the customer that she has a v/m message on the back line phone? Light up a button on the main phone or something?
Thank you
zu56

if i understand the question correctly then it's probably best to point the back line to a group, make her a member of the group and enable voicemail notification for the group on her set.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back